Homebuyer Education helps you make the right decisions
So you want to buy a home and don’t know where to begin? Let NHS help you in this process through our specialized homebuyer educational programs and services to assist first-time homebuyers.
Homeownership education and credit counseling is more vital than ever. With the constantly changing mortgage environment, it is harder for first-time home buyers to receive loan approval.
Our training and education is geared to meet the current mortgage-lending realities. NHS’s certified and experienced homeownership educators hold workshops monthly.
The entire home-purchase process is explained during interactive monthly workshops. Topics include:
Financially preparing for homeownership
- Can I afford to purchase a house and, if so, how much can I afford?
- How much cash will I need?
- Will my mortgage loan application receive approval if I have credit issues?
Obtaining a mortgage
- Are there local grant programs and loan products are available?
- How will the lender decide whether to give me a loan?
Shopping for a home
- When I’m interested in a house, what should I look for?
- Should I use a buyer’s agent?
The closing process
- What documents will I be expected to sign?
- Why does it cost to get a mortgage loan?
Life as a homeowner
- What are the tax advantages of homeownership?
- If I miss making my mortgage payments, will I really lose my home?
This one-on-one session with a homeownership advisor is tailored to your individual needs to ensure that your mortgage application is successful.
Registration for all workshops is required. View the calendar for workshops convenient for you and either register online or call us at (816) 822-7703, ext. 225.